Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

From Wedding Vendor to Bride: Week 2

Week two of wedding planning included a holiday.  Thanksgiving slowed down the process quite a bit.

Wedding Date minus 40 Days (Monday, November 22)
* Today I completed the contract for our location (Compton Gardens in Bentonville).
* I scheduled my pre-wedding hair appointment for a touch-up and trim. Also scheduled a make-up trial run.
* Because of the short work-week and our upcoming wedding on Friday, I'm shifting focus to the shop.  Flowers are coming in for our Friday wedding and we need to prepare for our design day tomorrow.
* After work, I surfed the web for wedding shoes. What do you think:
neutral (vintage look):
sunburst (sparkles!)

  Fuchsia Dance Shoes (color!)
  These also comes in silver.


... and a cute jacket to wear over my dress. Have I mentioned that I HATE being cold!?!


Wedding Date minus 39 Days (Tuesday, November 23)
* I heard back from a caterer today.  Now to decide what kind of food we want and start scheduling tastings.  I'm looking forward to this part!
* Called the travel agency to start looking for honeymoon options.
* Not much else done today--off to the holidays!


Wedding Date minus 38 Days (Wednesday, November 24)
* Holiday time...means vendors aren't available to answer questions.  I've been on the receiving end of this, so I guess I'll wait until Monday.
* Window shopping on the registry websites.  Not much we need, but fun to look anyway.


Wedding Date minus 37 Days (Thursday, November 25)
* HAPPY THANKSGIVING! No wedding planning today.


Wedding Date minus 36 Days (Friday, November 26)
* Black Friday.  Wedding to set up this afternoon, so it's a work day for me and the crew.  I did get the contract from the photographer (Andrea Parnell).  Other than that, very little planning happened today.  The crew talked about what flowers I should have.  They are doing most of the design; I just have to get the flowers.  We talked about tulips  and peonies 'Coral Charm' peony ('Coral Charm' www.clemson.edu)  ('Coral & Gold' www.canada-gardens.com) and orchids cymbidium orchid bloom (www.orchid.org.uk).  Oh, and lots of foliages.  The design for my bouquet is starting to take shape in my mind, too.  

Wedding Date minus 35 Days (Saturday, November 27)
* One of my brides from this summer read last week's blog and reminded me that she works at Israel Diamond in Tulsa.  We decided to drive over and shop for our wedding rings today.  Ashley was wonderful and helped us pick the PERFECT rings.   I'll show a pic after the wedding. :)  If you're looking for jewelery, call Ashley! NOW it's starting to feel real!  Something about buying the rings really brought it home that I'm getting MARRIED!
* Had a date at the Tulsa Zoo and came home to eat at ROTC (one of our favorite places).  Not too impressed with the zoo...maybe because it was winter.
* Shopped around on-line for jewelery.  I found this on Etsy...what do you think? 

I also need a gift for Adrian; something to make her feel special.  Nothing's felt just right yet.  Suggestions anyone?







Wedding Date minus 34 Days (Sunday, November 28)
* Do-nothing day.  Looked for more gift ideas for Adrian; that's about it.  Tomorrow it's back to major planning since the holidays will be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment