Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Five Things You Want Most From Your Florist


Actually, I'm hoping you'll tell me the 5 things YOU want from your florist.

When I started this business 12 years ago, I knew one thing for sure: I didn't want to be a traditional florist.  To me that meant carrying items like balloons and stuffed animals, having a set schedule, stocking a cooler full of flowers and trying to sell them before they expired, and most of all relying on daily deliveries as my main source of income.  I wanted to focus on events--specifically on weddings.

Over the years, I've stayed pretty true to that vision.  I work by appointment; I stock flowers based on orders placed; I don't have any gift items for sales or any balloons; and my main source of income is from weddings and other events.

It hasn't been easy to do this.  I constantly worry that I'm not offering what my customers want.  I wonder if I should market more for small delivery orders.  I struggle to stay true to my vision.

So I decided to ask you, my readers, clients, friends: What do YOU want from a florist?  I thought about setting up a poll, and then decided that I'd rather hear directly from you.  So, if you don't mind, and if you would be so kind, please comment and let me know...

What do you (personally) want to see from your very favorite florist? 

2 comments:

  1. 1) creative. I always want my brides to have something different, something not commonly seen.
    2) budget conscious. There is almost always a less expensive way to accomplish a certain look.
    3) dependable and thorough.
    4) caring and kind.
    5) a person who loves her work.

    BTW, you rock at all of those already, Thea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Diane! As always, you reassure me that I'm on the right path. :)

    ReplyDelete